Outlook is often configured by default to only download emails that have been received within the last 6 or 12 months. Sometimes, this may result in emails not being visible, even though they are actually in the mailbox still.
To change this setting, in Outlook 2016 or newer, follow the steps below;
- Click on "File" at the top left of Outlook
- Click on the button labelled "Account Settings"
- Depending on your version of Outlook;
- Click on the option in the dropdown menu labelled "Account Settings"
- Click on the option in the dropdown menu labelled "Account Name and Sync Settings" - skip step 4
- Double click on the account that needs changing
- The settings for "Cached Exchange Mode" are displayed
- Moving the slider left reduces the period of time for which emails are downloaded
- Moving the slider right increases the period of time for which emails are downloaded
- Once set as required click Next
- Click Done
- Close Outlook, wait at least 15 seconds to allow it to fully close
- Re-open Outlook
If you still can't see the email you're looking for, contact us either by phone or by email as normal.